Saturday, November 1, 2008

Choc-chip cookies

Mmmmm.... choc-chip cookies ....!

Made these yesterday with the kids, really simple and quick (my kind of recipe!)

Got the recipe from the side of the carnation milk tin-

180g butter
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup carnation milk
1 1/2 cups SR flour
250g dark choc chips
1/2 cup white choc chips

1. preheat oven to 180c. grease 3 oven trays.
2. beat butter & sugar til creamy, add carnation milk and flour, stir till combined.
3. add choc chips, mix well.
4. spoon mixture into small balls onto trays
5. bake for 15 mins until golden

I used about half the dark choc chips and didn't bother with the white ones (not a fan), seemed like enough. Used baking paper instead of greasing tins. After the butter/sugar bit, kids can 'help' with the rest of the mixing (we did have a bit of a flour incident :-) and they did have to 'test' quite a few choc chips first!

Supposed to make a whopping 48, ours did about 40 but they were big. I think hazelnuts added would make them even better....

Absolutely delish, I am so not a biscuit-baker but these were so easy I will definitely make them again. Probably very soon.

:-)

1 comment:

billyburra bandits said...

Sounds yummy--when I have leftover? chocolate, I'll try this recipe!!