Thursday, February 5, 2009

Solitary Confinement ...



Well good news on the chooky-front ...Rosie is finally back with the gang !


We put her in 'the cage' on Sunday, very basic no-frills-cheap-motel style accommodation after the chooky palace she is used to! Raised lock-up cage with food, water and a perch. Thats it. Poor Rosie :-(

And as if thats not humiliating enough, we had a storm the next night and my hubby had to run out in the middle of the night and find something waterproof to cover the cage- so she ended up with a Thomas Tank Engine playmat roof on .... Oh, the indignity!

I think the idea is they should be in the cage constantly for 3-4 days, but I let her out with the others for a bit free-ranging (even prisoners get rec time!) The first day she went straight back to the big house and onto the nest. No messing- I put her back in the cage until the next day.

She has been ok when outside the past 2 days so I think the broodiness has finished, so it was 3-4 days. She's back in the big house tonight with her friends, and when we checked was settling in the 'sleeping end' with them (laying/nesting box is at the opposite end). Hopefully will start laying again within a week.

Glad its over - I felt quite mean every time I walked past her- they're good at the guilt thing!

No comments: