Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Seed saving

A few of my plants have gone to seed recently in the heat- I half neglected them and half meant for this to happen so I can try a bit of seed saving.


I picked these seeds today - from an Italian flat-leaf parsley. There are a load of heads like this one but the others are still green so 'll leave them a while. I usually just buy seedlings but will give these a go and plant them later this week (nothing ventured nothing gained!) Apparently they can take up to 6 weeks to germinate, so I'll keep updating .... but it may be a while!




Also have some coriander (cilantro) going to seed - bit green though so I'm hoping they will dry on the plant too?



I also saved some seeds from our hot chilli and planted them out yesterday- I can't even imagine eating more than one plant produces as they are SO FIERY, but they just look so pretty!

No comments: