Monday, January 26, 2009

Australia Day 2009


As some of you know, I wasn't born in Australia, but in England. However, having spent a total of 16 years here now (5 years when I was a teenager, and 11 years so far this time) I really do call Australia home. And I do feel more than a little patriotic on Australia Day - I love it! It's a time to reflect on what it means to live here, to feel like you belong here. I truly appreciate the chance I was given to return to this beautiful country. Its the place I want to be for the rest of my life with my family.
.
.
Top 10 things I love about Australia .....
  1. The Blue Mountains - I never tire of seeing them
  2. The smell of gum trees on a hot day
  3. The summer storms and the smell of rain on the hot earth
  4. The weird and wonderful animals
  5. Manly Beach
  6. Sydney harbour
  7. Catching the ferry between them!
  8. Uluru - once visited, never, ever forgotten
  9. The persistently optimistic national attitude of "She'll be right mate"
  10. Our beautiful children were born here

To everyone out there, wherever you are .....

have a wonderful Australia Day :-)

No comments: