As some of you know, I wasn't born in Australia, but in England. However, having spent a total of 16 years here now (5 years when I was a teenager, and 11 years so far this time) I really do call Australia home. And I do feel more than a little patriotic on Australia Day - I love it! It's a time to reflect on what it means to live here, to feel like you belong here. I truly appreciate the chance I was given to return to this beautiful country. Its the place I want to be for the rest of my life with my family.
Top 10 things I love about Australia .....
- The Blue Mountains - I never tire of seeing them
- The smell of gum trees on a hot day
- The summer storms and the smell of rain on the hot earth
- The weird and wonderful animals
- Manly Beach
- Sydney harbour
- Catching the ferry between them!
- Uluru - once visited, never, ever forgotten
- The persistently optimistic national attitude of "She'll be right mate"
- Our beautiful children were born here
To everyone out there, wherever you are .....
have a wonderful Australia Day :-)