Thursday, March 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Cookies



This week's recipe ..... Peanut Butter cookies- yum!

Yet another experiment for me, I made this up from a variety of recipes I found online. They all sounded almost what I wanted, so I took bits from each and I have to say I think these are lovely.

This recipe makes a rich crumbly cookie, lots of nutty flavour and not too sickly-sweet.

I got approx 45 decent sized cookies from this lot, obviously will depend how big you make them, and they do spread quite a bit on the tray.

Peanut Butter Cookies

125g softened butter
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 egg
1 ¾ cup SR flour
1 cup crunchy peanut butter

Cream butter and sugar together
Whisk in egg until smooth
Add flour and peanut butter, mixing with wooden spoon
Flour hands and roll mix into small balls onto greased trays
Flatten slightly with fork making criss-cross mark
Bake 15 mins till light golden brown

Some of the recipes I searched added crushed/chopped nuts or choc chips as well. I don't think this recipe needs them but might be nice for a change.

Enjoy with a nice cuppa!

1 comment:

Chris said...

I tried these tonight and my little 6 year-old love them!

As she doesn't like cookies with nuts, I used "smooth" peanut butter instead - and added 3/4 cup of choc chips.

It's a beautiful recipe and definitely one for our collection now. Thanks for posting it!